Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finally...

*Rust. I am surrounded by rust.

I gingerly pick myself up from the floor, trying to ignore the strong smell of iron assaulting my nostrils.
The floor felt hard and coarse to the touch, the air was cold and not a sound can be heard except for my own breathing. I try to open my eyes, and realize that they’re already open---it’s just too dark too see even my own hands. I honestly don’t know how I got here, I remember walking from my apartment to go to work…and that’s about it. The rest is all a blur.

Where the hell am I?

[First Version]

*
I felt a bump on my head, which gave me a splitting headache, and I automatically reached into my back pocket for my wallet and realized that it was gone. My black leather mailman bag was no longer around my shoulder.

I walked carefully inch by inch and pushed a heavy metal door, and the hot-glaring sun hit my face.

Freedom!

Freedom from the damp, musty warehouse!

I then realized that I was mugged. My aching body and splitting headache is telling me to call it a day and go home. From there, I can make a report to the police.

But for now…my warm, cozy bed will be such bliss for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment